Monday, May 9, 2011

Integrity

"Character is the will to do what is right, as defined by God,
regardless of personal cost." ~Andy Stanley


Tonight, I'll admit that my mental sharpness is equivalent to bristles on a baby's toothbrush. My emotions are wavering between peaks of Mt. Everest and depths of Davy Jone's locker. However, after wrestling for the last couple of days with an issue, I have some resolution. Thousands of dollars of counseling over the last few months have all emphasized one thing as paramount, taking care of yourself and maintaining your personal integrity. The problem seems to be that throwing stones seems to be more socially acceptable (and fun) than looking for that balance of taking care of myself, maintaining my boundaries, and doing what I feel is "right." Anyway, tonight, I will keep it short and simple because I'm too drained to put any more effort into writing something sensible.

Basically, know WHAT you believe, WHY you believe it, and be willing to accept the risks associated with upholding those beliefs if you want to be a person of integrity.

Good night to all! Is it really only Monday?

"Do not fear what they fear ; do not be frightened." 1 Peter 3:14

Immediately he spoke to them and said, "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid." Then he climbed into the boat with them, and the wind died down. They were completely amazed. Mark 6:51

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

1 comment:

suzanne said...

I am so sad to read the anonymous comment- obviously whoever is too ashamed to post their name with the comments should stop posting- you are an amazing woman who has been fighting for the commitment you made before God and man.