Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Crazy train...

"I am worn out from groaning; all night long I flood my bed with weeping and drench my couch with tears. My eyes grow weak with sorrow; they fail because of all my foes. Away from me, all you who do evil, for the LORD has heard my weeping. The LORD has heard my cry for mercy; the LORD accepts my prayer" (Psalm 6:6-9).


Sometimes, I read way too much! I'm the crazy patient who hears a word in a medical office, goes homes and Googles it, and makes a determination on how many more months I have to live. Today, I read something that I think it totally true, though. It said that during "normal" life, you split your energy between emotional, spiritual, physical, and mental activities. However, during times of high stress, up to 85% of your energy is diverted to emotions. This would sure help me justify some of my nutty actions lately! However, the article did NOT place a statute of limitations on these stats! Does this mean that I can still claim that I'm mentally incapacitated in five years? :) Shoot, I tried to make pregnancy related crazy claims well into Annie's 3rd month of life. By month 6, I think folks had caught on that my mental capacity had been permanently compromised and it had nothing to do with pregnancy! Aren't you supposed to ride the crazy train as long as you can? (I'm beginning to think my ticket was booked for a non-stop, round trip ride to no where that will take an eternity)!

Seriously, although almost a month has passed, I still waiver emotionally at times. I've had the distractions of changes at school, different job responsibilities, and my own kids asserting their mental incapabilities on me. This has helped keep my mind going on a hundred different things other than my personal life. I think that's good right now. As I've said before, I don't do too well with emotions. Also, this time of year there are days when it takes that 85% energy level just to keep my emotions zipped up and not let them burst out. Other days, it takes that 85% energy level to keep 24 students from usurping my kingdom and throwing me in the dungeon like Desperaux! Today, they all started chanting at field day and I had that really scary feeling again that I was terribly out numbered! (I say this jokingly. I love my class dearly and I'm not looking forward to seeing them go next week)!

So, my point for this entry is simply that I'm claiming to be short on mental energy these days so I'm going to go ahead and warn you. When you see me sitting in a corner and babbling with drool running down my face, you'll know I'm diverting energies from other areas to deal with my emotional deficits! (I don't have the Energy Star logo stamped on my butt so I'm not too energy efficient and can only handle one major task at a time)!

Hope everyone has a great night! I'm off to bed with a bottle of Robitussin! Bottoms up and lights out!

No comments: