Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Direction (not intention) determines your destination...



I'm beginning to think that I need this video surgically implanted in my brain. When we heard this message a few years back, it was life changing (momentarily). My life is so full of INTENT without DIRECTION. I can't begin to count the number of things I've planned to do but never carried out.

For example, tonight I had a sitter. My intent was to go and do something for myself. However, after a quick Publix run to buy juice to unstop a stopped up baby, and then a run to WalMart to buy butt powder for the same baby, I'd run out of time. While I had great intent, I didn't have clear direction and I ended up with a night of errand running instead of a night of perusing Barnes and Noble or wandering aimlessly through JoAnn's looking at fabric.

Over the last couple of weeks, I've learned to plan for direction in ways I never thought I'd have to. From planning to get through an entire month on a monthly pay check to getting my emotions glued back together again (semi-Humpty Dumpty style but at least I used Gorilla glue), I've had to go beyond intentions. I've never had to do that before. I've always had the luxury of having good intentions and then being able to fall back on someone else's plan. Right now, there is NO plan B. My plans must be full of direction and not just intent. What's that old saying? The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. Yikes.

The road that has led me to this place in my life is littered with piles of good intentions but not much direction. Ugh. What's that other saying that I hate? Hind sight is 20/20?

On a brighter note, I'm heading to bed with a new magazine that I did decide to grab at Publix. Whoo-hoo! This is now what I call an exciting night! Publix, WalMart, and a new magazine. I've also started watching reruns of Glee on Netflix. I love the music in the show but I just keep thinking that the title should have been High School Musical: the Untold Stories or even High School Musical (the rated R version). I'm shocked that this was such a big hit. Whood'a thunk it!

1 comment:

Angel said...

I've been watching the Glee on Netflix too! I love it but it very racy for high school - it scares me for my kids one day!