Saturday, July 16, 2011

Tubing, Noodle Fights, and Roots

So, today started out great.  Grant and I went camping and boating at the lake with his scout group.  Since I'm now pecking this entry out with one hand and on pain meds, I'm going to let the pictures tell the story.









A bunch of boys acting like rowdy boys but not a single injury! Then, as we were leaving and hiking out, I tripped over a root.  I went face first in the dirt. I knew I'd hurt my wrist but I didn't want to scare Grant. In a nutshell, Grant headed to a movie with a friend.  The girls were still at Mom's. I went to the urgent care. Let me just say in my defense, I have a pretty high pain threshold and I was nauseous so I knew I needed to not go with my normal "walk it off" routine. However, in normal urgent care style, they splinted everything and didn't commit to a final diagnosis and said to see an orthopedist on Monday.



Once again, WHITE FLAG!!!! Does anyone see it? Is this like the story of the Emperor's New Clothes and I'm the only nut that can see the flag? I never felt as alone as I did sitting in that x-ray room at urgent care trying to figure out how to take care of myself and everyone else. This super sucks! At least it wasn't my leg or head! (Oh, the comments I could make about that)!

I'm heading to bed now and going to let everyone pile in with me and watch a movie.

Here's to a long night!

No comments: