Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I didn't mean to poop!


Proof that I can NOT be an adult. After 3:00, I'm easily amused.

Sitting through Grant's music lesson with BOTH girls. Annie decided to pull the arms off of the little rubbery monsters that were on my keys. Yeah, they were old and falling off but she helped them right along.
The girl can disassemble anything is less than 5 seconds.
Then, she covered her head up and went to sleep in my lap. Did I mention that my butt was completely numb after sitting with her on my lap for 40 minutes?
Not much to report today. Team B took on Team Unicorn for a feisty little round this morning but it all ended well without anyone losing their job (yet) or getting clotheslined. Can I just say that there's going to be a run on lots of fast food restaurant positions around April when teacher contracts come out? McDonalds and Taco Bell are going to be able to choose from quite a pool of applicants - none with restaurant experience but all will have crisis management skills and degrees from some of the best universities in the States. I'm working on saying, "Welcome to Moe's," in several different languages - just in case.

After a 16 hour day, I'm simply D O N E. (Yes, please say that with a drippy southern drawl and you'll see exactly how done I am). After leaving the house at 6:15 this morning to drop everyone at their assigned starting positions for the day, I had a 7:00 a.m. conference, 8:40 a.m. meeting, music lesson for Grant at 4:30, choir practice at 6:30, and 26 children stalking me in between all of that. Not to mention coming home to find that Dasha's homework (which had conveniently not been written in her agenda) wasn't done and required quite a bit of supervision. The discussion questions over the story she just read all had points that were NOT concrete which causes us great difficulty! The last question asked about how she would have changed the ending of the story. Her response, "I guess I probably wouldn't change it. Life just doesn't always have happy endings." Awwww..... Not good. The good mommy part of me wanted to ask her to expound on that statement. The tired mommy side wanted me to drop it and move on. Good prevailed and I asked her what she meant. Wow. Sideswiped again. Just when I think absolutely nothing is registering in her brain, she astounds me with the depth of what she perceives. She asked me to pray with her for some people because she was sad with "the choices they were making." Dang. I wanted to hand her a bag of rocks and say, "Go for it! Stone them!" But, alas, the innocence and faith of a child sometimes is greater than all of the evil swirling around.

Then, Grant had a project due over Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde. Shoot. Can't we just glue some photos of the girls down and call it a day? Honestly, I'm not certain that the man cub even read the darn book. But, I didn't question. I just handed over the shoe box and construction paper. I did all of that before leaving for choir. Upon returning home about 2 hours later, I found that Grant had used my Tupperware bowls and plastic lanyard (bought for a specific project - not this one) to complete his diorama. Argh. If he doesn't bring those bowls back in one piece...

The funniest part of the whole night, though, was a moment when I was getting Annie ready for bed. She was standing there in the bathroom floor supposedly getting naked so I could shower her. I was busy trying to dig her some pjs out of the hamper that hadn't been under a pair of Grant's boxers or socks. Ewwww. I've learned that anytime you HEAR or SMELL something a child has done before you SEE it, it's not going to be good. I simply heard the pitter patter of something on my linoleum floor. I thought she'd peed on the floor. Oh well. Not the first time and not the last. However, the wail that came after the pitter patter alerted me that something different had gone on. As I rounded the corner, I just saw trails of poo oozing out of her undies and down her legs and pitter pattering onto the floor. Are you kidding me? I've had a very long day and I do not want to pretend to be the PineSol lady at this hour. However, I tried to carefully comfort Annie without getting any of the slime on myself. When she finally calmed down enough for me to understand what she was saying, she said in between sobs, "I thought I was just going to poot!" It was definitely another memory for the record book. She burst into tears again and just kept saying that she didn't understand why she'd had an accident because she only wanted to poot, not to poop! You would have been so proud of me. I didn't bust out laughing. I held it all in and only gave a minor snort once while trying to stifle my antics. I tossed her into the shower (undies and all) and just hosed her down. As for the floor, well, I did what I could. I'm off next week. I'll morph into the PineSol lady to disinfect it then!

Now, it's time for me to crash. Wednesdays drain me. Only two more days until my week long sabbatical or should I call it house arrest?

Good night, all.

No comments: