Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Empty Gas Tanks, Walmart Runs, and Boogers

Here's a picture book style walk through of my day...

I know it looks empty but I know there's some wiggle room. Wrong. I'm not a risk taker. What in the world possessed me to push the limit like this?
 
So much for the on board computer. There was NOT enough gas for 6.9 more miles. Thanks, Nissan.
And, yes, that would be 8:26 p.m. on my way home from church and exhausted to say the least.
  
Annie, why is the car IN the house and not in the box with the other accessories?
Mama, she has the car there in case she needs to go to WalMart really fast and doesn't want to put her shoes on.
Oh, ok.

Mama, I don't want to be in a picture. I have boogers in my nose.
Oh, ok.
  Oh, wait. That only showcased ONE child. The other two were just as dramatic but didn't want to be photographed for other reasons which seemed much more sensible. The remaining hours this evening involved printing articles about politics from The Hill and The Drudge Report, a crash course in integers, review of the letters A, B, and C (I felt like a puppet from Sesame Street), and having a conversation about a book report's due date that sounded more like the "Who's on first," skit. I still don't know when the report is due. While I was at church at choir practice, my mom stopped by and played Martha Stewart again. She doesn't believe that the kids can survive in captivity without an adult present - even though Grant has shown himself to be a great baby sitter and is CPR certified and knows how to turn the office into a panic room if someone loses their mind and goes nuts! Oh well. Meanwhile, Martha gave the little captive Sprite and cookies and ice cream but I only figured that out after finding the sticky ring around Annie's mouth. Oh well.

So, I'm ending the night with a healthy dose of Honey Boo Boo (watching a show that provides subtitles to accommodate the good old southern GA accents just makes me feel better about myself)! :) Um, honestly, I guess most of the shows I watch are like that. Watching Hoarders makes me feel like I truly am the embodiment of Martha Stewart and the Pine-Sol lady rolled into one. Watching Dirty Jobs makes me feel a little better about the things I have to clean up around here, too. And, I absolutely love reruns of Nanny 911. Heck, I feel like a rock star parent after watching that. Ok. I feel a little guilty about justifying my own inadequacies with others' bad behavior but...

Everyone is now accounted for, tucked in, and the house is quiet. This is my cue to get my own work done and head to bed. Tomorrow's line up includes conferences, an off-campus training session, early release for Annie (from preschool - not prison), and three curriculum nights that all start at 7:00. Once again, I still haven't figured out which child's school and / or teacher I should visit. Maybe I'll just go for another gold star and skip them all! Or not.

Night, all.

So much for everyone being tucked in. The little one just puked. See, Martha? She's like a Gremlin! Do not feed her after 7:00 p.m. or this happens!!! Clean up on aisle 4 (and 1, 2, and 3). I HATE BUNKBEDS for this exact reason! Now, the littlest creature is asleep in my bed and the sheets are in the wash after I had to wrestle them off of the matress like some wild WWF act! Blah. What a day!

No comments: