Thursday, September 1, 2011

Leader of the Crazy Pack Rises to the Top

Ok. Let's just get this straight now, I'm speed blogging. It's 10:27 and I will walk away from this computer no later than 10:45. I have to or I'll find myself face down on the desk in a puddle of drool tomorrow morning!

Dasha has reached her maximum potential for crazy. Her progress report grade for Technology is a 19 because she just didn't want to finish her assignments. She lied to me and told me that a huge chunk of papers was classwork and could be thrown away but it was actually stuff that should have been turned in and is now recorded throughout various classes as zeroes. (This is my fault according to her). To top it off, I got a very concerned email from her case worker at school today telling me that Dasha had been telling her all sorts of things about Eric's visit this weekend. This teacher just wanted to cross-reference Dasha's tales. It's a darn good thing she did because Dasha had told some real whoppers! When I took her to get fitted for her new orthodics this afternoon, she told the guy that I didn't make her stretch her legs any more and that she didn't go to PT because I didn't have money. It took all I had not to knock her off of the table! Sorry, but that's just how I felt. It was like every time her mouth opened, lies spilled out. Now, she has, of course, found that she can get lots of attention when she tells the sad story of her daddy leaving but this has got to stop! (By the way, she does still do PT but not on a regular basis because of her middle school hours and she sees her school-based PT once a week)!!!

So, Dasha was sent to bed at 9:30 still having quite a bit of unfinished homework. I just can't continue the battle. I feel like I've sustained enough damage tonight to be clinging to life by a thread. I admit to giving up and simply waving the white flag when it came to her school work tonight.

Anyway, Dasha has really tried my patience today and I'm just worried that this is a glimpse of what next week will have to hold after Eric leaves again.

While the drama over mean, median, and mode was going on with Dasha, the pest control guy (Mr. Dirt) was here wiping out the termite colony. This meant that I couldn't put Annie to bed because he was drilling into the wall directly beneath her bed and making quite a racket. Argh! At least the little buggers in the walls are dying a slow death right now. Serves them right for snacking on my house! Monday, Mr. Dirt is coming to dig a trench around the house and fill it with some sort of termite barrier. When he said he was going to dig a trench, I wanted to ask him if I could fill it with water and just call it a mote. Then, you'd better believe that I'd be importing some alligators from the Okefenokee for my mote!

Grant has had the good sense to lay low and even conned his grandpa into taking him to the bike park. He's done with the drama for the week and I think he's honestly exhausted from the anticipation, as well. He keeps bringing up the visit and the agenda and making comments about it. I've really tried to keep my pie hole shut but dang, it's so hard!

Annie has been Annie. She is consistently unpredictable and I'm ok with that because I know not to put any bets on her behavior!

So, I'm heading to bed frustrated that I don't have the laundry finished or half of the cleaning that I wanted to get done before this fun fest starts Saturday morning. (Where can I get rid of a bunch of carpet and padding? It's piled on the deck in the back and I sure can't throw it all on the curb for the garbage in the morning)!

Good night, all!