Sunday, September 11, 2011

I Long to Be Irresponsible

Tired. Productive day. Counting down five more days until fall break. Then, a visit from my sister and her little man. I'm looking forward to playing with him and then being able to hand him back when he gets fussy! I'm currently looking for the most obnoxious toy that I can find to buy him as a repayment for all of the things my sister sent my kids over the years which caused massive messes or loud noises. (She always had a thing for loud toys without on / off switches)! Payback will definitely be quite fun!

Very little drama today. Thank goodness! Grant biked over ten miles today and only had one incident with gravity. He'll be really tired and sore tomorrow. Dasha is sick with a nasty cold so I'm trying to keep her loaded on vitamin C and away from everyone else. Annie played Play-Doh all day so she was a happy camper. I'd always banned Play-Doh in the house due to the carpet but now, she can drop as much as she wants on the floor and I can easily pick it up!

As for me, it was one of those days when I had a hard time finding the girl that keeps posting about moving on and being strong. I just wanted to crawl back into bed and sleep. I wasn't too interested in facing the list of things that needed taking care of and I sure wasn't interested in reality. I can absolutely look objectively at the situation, though, and know that this was just a hiccup in my "recovery" and that I can move forward tomorrow. However, today I just wanted someone to sweep in and save the day and let me be irresponsible for a few hours! Being irresponsible in the presence of three kids usually ends in disaster.

Good night, all.