Thursday, August 18, 2011

Recap

Don't panic. I'm still alive and all three children are still alive, as well. I'm heading to bed but wanted to calm everyone's nerves. I'm cracking up at all of the emails wanting to know if things are "ok." Yes, things are ok. It has just been one of THOSE weeks. I can't wait for tomorrow, though.

Here's a recap of the last few days...

-Dasha has a book report due tomorrow (150+ page book) but hadn't started the book as of Tuesday night. She'd been reading a cookbook in her room when I thought she was reading the chapter book. We read the book in two nights and finished the book report minutes ago. I won't begin to mention all of the other assignments that have gone unfinished simply because they weren't "fun" for her. Suddenly, if it's not fun, she doesn't deem it necessary. (Heck, if fun was the first thing on my checklist, I would have been out of here by now)!

-Grant has had a crappy, drama filled week. I know that he's "at that age" and "going through so much" but he almost lost his head more than once for huffing at me. He's tired and has been impossible to drag out of bed each morning which doesn't put me in the best mood. He lost a book on Monday. His band director said he didn't turn in the $140 check I sent in. He was "pushed" to the ground at scouts and sustained quite a surface wound (more character). He dropped his phone and the touch screen shattered. After that, he received a text from Eric that was meant for Eric's "baby." (OK, this one did him in for the night and I didn't know if I'd be able to calm him down. His words were, "I feel like I just got slapped across the face)!" And, tonight, he went with my dad to the Rachel's Challenge program at school and endured watching my dad pretend to NOT cry and diverting those tears into squirming around like a five year old doing a potty dance! He'd better be in bed right now!

-Then, as usual, there's Annie. She's been a roller coaster this week but it all made sense tonight when she started sneezing her head off and her nose started oozing goo. Yep. She's sick. Just what I need for the weekend!

-As for me, I've been sick, too, but there hasn't been time to slow down and worry about it. I went to the doctor on Wednesday and got some meds, though. I'm living in a state of numbness right now to avoid anything that might puncture through to my raw emotions. I'm hoping for some rest this weekend to recuperate and get my act together!

So, we are all still alive and living under one roof. No one has had to be bailed out of the Cherokee County lock up (yet). Tomorrow night, we'll head to the school Groovy Dance so all bets are off as to what happens there. Whew!

Night, all!

No comments: