Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Bring it on!

Most of my life, I've been a rule follower. I want to keep status quo and not cause any wrinkles. Over the last few months, my skin has toughened and I'm proud to say that I'm not afraid of a little battle here and there. I still don't thrive on discord and disputes but I don't mind holding my own to protect my boundaries or those I love.

I'm tired of being nice about things. I'm tired of being a door mat. I'm tired of being quiet. I'm tired of counting change to make ends meet! And, I'm tired of drying Grant's eyes as he goes to bed at night! I'm tired of having dreams that haunt me and have me seeing the clock at all hours of the night. I'm tired of feeling like I was the one that wasn't "good enough."

Well, let me just say, this girl ain't goin' down without a fight! And, I won't let my family go down either! Bring it on!

Good night, all!

No comments: