Saturday, January 28, 2012

Negotiations, Men in the Shower, and Anniversaries


6:30 a.m. "Mama! I wanna eat pamcakes. Let's go downstairs so you can get me some."
7:00 a.m. Quick shower reveals that some sort of skirmish has gone on in my shower over night.
This silly hook doesn't hold my razor like it's supposed to but battling G.I. Joes seem to cling effortlessly to it! Really? I just wanted a simple shower without an entire troop of men monitoring the situation. "Grant! Come get your men out of my shower! Now!"
Then, I discover this poor guy on the table next to the bed. Hmmmm.... Wondering if he pulled his own leg off or if Annie got to him.
"Mama! Look what I found. Can I play sand?" This is what she was discovering while I took a 2.5 minute shower. She also stripped her pants and diaper because they were "too wet." I told her she could have this "prize" if she'd use the potty all day. She immediately began negotiations which lasted all stinking day! At one point, she tried to bargain with me to get the diapers back. At another point, she told me that she'd use the potty if I'd give her the treat first. Seriously? Ok. Go ahead and say it. Most of you are thinking it! She's her father!!!!!! She would argue with a wall if she thought she'd be able to get her own way!
Ok. I give up. If she can change her own clothes, tell me that she's "too wet," and can assume a particular position in a particular place to do her "business," I'll admit that it's past time to potty train. Ugh. I don't want to!
We survived day one of potty training boot camp. And, yes, I handed her prize over at the end of the day. She only had two mishaps so I don't think that's too bad. (Why would any sane parent buy an inside mini sandbox full of purple sand)?

She waited until bed time when I'd put her Pull Up on to take care of her major business, though. When I asked her why she didn't poop in the potty, this was the response I got. If she wasn't so darn cute.... I wonder if the judge is going to see it that way when she messes with the wrong person? Probably not.
So, that was my day minus rebuilding a vaccuum cleaner, rebuilding a dresser drawer that Annie used as a step stool to reach her paci, and doing about sixty five loads of laundry. Whew.

On another note, happy 40th anniversary to my parents! Wow. The story that I'd chosen had that same milestone in it but, obviously, part of my story is having to be rewritten. I'm just hoping for the same sort of happy ending. Happy anniversary, Mom and Dad!

Good night, all.

No comments: