Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Cadbury Egg Sort of Day

As a mom, words just don't cut it today. I only momentarily teared up as I dropped Annie off at preschool this morning. I knew if I let the flood gates open, I might die of dehydration. I cling tightly to Annie for so many reasons. Bottom line, I feel sort of like a Cadbury Egg today. I'm all hard and solid on the outside but my insides are nothing more than gooey mush.

But, here's the retrospective view of today. Oh, and Annie's first words to me as she got back into the van this afternoon... "Mama, I didn't throw blocks at the mean boy." Wow. Total restraint. On Grant's first day, he bit a teacher's kid on the butt. At least there weren't any notes like that in her bag!


Oh, how the years go by. May I never forget what a blessing she is. That 25% chance we had of her not being a viable little life has been snuffed out many times over.

No comments: