Saturday, October 13, 2012

Another one bites the dust...

This stomach bug that has tormented our family is now out of control. Instead of a bug, it's more like a rogue dinosaur. Annie started the party and then passed it on to Grant. I got the two of them back into the land of the living and sanitized the whole house in a manner which even Martha Stewart would have approved of. Then, last night, Dasha decided to restart the festivities. As I cleaned up the trail of evidence, I realized that I'd been bit by the bug too. Nice.

So, with Grant in Tampa with my parents, that left me and the two girls trapped in the house today. Annie did not understand why Dasha and I refused to move from my bed. I did the DVD shuffle all day for Annie in hopes that she would watch the electronic baby-sitter just long enough for me to close my eyes. (My bug took on the shape of a high fever without the outward symptoms that Dasha was exhibiting). So, I drifted in and out of consciousness. Dasha ran back and forth to the bathroom. (Oh, and my parents' 120 pound dog is staying with us while they are gone and his favorite landing pad is directly in front of the bathroom door. I lost count of how many times Dasha tripped over him and landed directly on him).

At one point today, I opened my eyes when I realized that I didn't hear Annie's chatter. She was proudly standing out in the hallway with twelve freshly unwrapped rolls of TP. She was stacking them up in a tower and then "bowling" them down with a small ball. I rolled over in relief that no damage had been done and hoped for a few more minutes of rest. Then, I woke up again to find her sitting next to my head gooshing something through her hands. She realized I was awake and said, "Oh, I think I might have put too much lotion on." Then, I spotted the poor dog with a pile of lotion on his back. Annie explained that he was itchy. Whatever.

It's days like this that really try my patience. I managed to get Dasha out of my bed and into hers and tucked Annie back into her bed for the night, though. Currently, Annie is singing an unknown song in an unknown language at the top of her lungs. Really? Go to bed! I'm hopeful that this dinosaur with take it's germs and get out of my house. If not, I think I'm going to start experimenting with injestible Lysol.

Good night, all.

No comments: