Thursday, March 22, 2012

Happy 3rd Birthday, Annie!



So, poor Annie has fallen victim to the "3rd Child Syndrome." While I have tons of pictures of her with all of her birthday goodies, those pictures are locked into the deep dark corners of my camera's memory!

However, her birthday was definitely something special this year. This was the first year that she actually "got" blowing out the candles, getting presents, and eating HER cake! I just don't know where the last three years have gone. From the surprise of, "How can I be pregnant," to, "What if she has Pompe's," to "Is it ok to put her in a cage?" I regret that I don't have the time or energy tonight to follow the thought tangents which are bouncing around my head like a box of spilled super high bounce balls. The bottom line is that Annie is becoming her very own little person. She absolutely LOVES babies and cradles, coos, and cuddles over every doll she can get her hands on. Her sitter is now keeping a baby a couple of hours and week and Annie spends the entire days telling me about what the baby did. Annie, like the other kids, loves to please everyone, too. She has absolutely mastered pooking her lower lip out like a grumpy Gerber baby when she thinks she has upset you. She was overheard complaining to Dasha last week that I had, "Talked loud to her," and she didn't like it. Despite her fiery tendencies, she definitely has a tender heart under the stubbornness. (Please remember that I'm writing all of this as she sleeps soundly in her room and not under my feet. If she were awake and rousing the troops, my soliloquy might be a bit different)!

So, to my baby girl who's brought so much sunshine, laughter, gray hairs, and insanity to our house, Happy Birthday. Without you, things around here would be... quiet? boring? restful? Nope. Without Annie, life as we know it would be very different!

Good night, all!

(As an addendum to my last post, my lawnmower accident did require my leg to be glued back together again like Humpty Dumpty and a tetanus shot. I'll admit that I'm still laughing about the whole darn thing! Like I said, it just gave me a bit more character)! :) Good times at the Randolph Asylum!

No comments: