Monday, February 27, 2012

Ansley's Day

Friday will mark nine years since Ansley slipped away from us. I don't have the stamina to revisit the "story" or really even put too much emotion into it. Time has healed so many of those hurts and has also opened my eyes to the impact she made on so many people in her nine short months. No, the day doesn't slip by without my thoughts wondering how many meds I'd need if Ansley and Annie were both residing under this roof! Those two would have probably figured out a way to take over the world by this point. Whew!


















What a blessing to be able to look at this picture, though! This is exactly where Annie was sleeping (lounging) when I got the phone call from Dr. Hardin that Annie had tested negative for Pompe's. Words can't describe that moment in time. It's hard to believe that Annie was ever that tiny, still, or quiet.
So, that's sort of where a piece of my heart is tonight. I've been so busy lately that it has been hard to even slow down and think much less be emotional. There are so many things that are going on right now! But, I thought I'd take a minute to quickly spat down what I know may be the biggest thing in my week. (Never mind Annie stealing cupcakes intended for Boy Scouts, Dad's birthday, or other crazy things! Those crazy things will wait for another night's musings)!

Good night, all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love and hugs coming your way. I remember well the night we got the call from Sandra, right after church. Prayers going up for you to have some rest in God's touch this week.
Barbara Golden:)