Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Detours in the Darkness


So, I have hundreds to things racing through my head tonight.

1) Which child put the Krispy Kreme ornament in the garbage can? It certainly didn't jump all the way from the box of ornaments in the garage to the garbage in the kitchen. Hmmm.... Once again, when dealing with broken hearted kids, it's not their words that you have to look out for. It's their actions!

2) The story that Diane Sawyer aired tonight hit me at a level that simply knocked the air out of me and grounded me like a plane in sleet on the Hartsfield tarmac. It's Dasha's story except with Down Syndrome children and in the Ukraine instead of a child with Cerebal Palsy in St. Petersburg, Russia. Blah. This was not the detour down memory lane that I needed tonight. (See the link below to the story. Don't watch it if you're in a hurry or on the edge of a emotional breakdown already). If you don't know Dasha's story, I'm pretty sure it's buried in the depths of this blog somewhere. Forgive me for not going deep sea fishing to find it and link it right now.Diane Sawyer's Angels Story

3) Where is the darn maid? The house still looks like a bomb went off despite an entire day of cleaning.

4) The list of serious topics that I have to add to my blog keeps getting squashed and pushed to the side. This little detour wasn't on my list, either.

5 - 100). I'll have to save these for another day. I have three sick kids that are alternating between barking like seals and sounding like they're coughing their lungs up and I'm taking on snot at an alarming rate myself. (The doctor lovingly says not to give them cough medicine but to elevate their little heads, saline their little noses, and give them lots to drink. Um, yeah. About that drinking part... Do I get to choose what they're drinking? And, would NyQuil be considered a DRINK? If so, bottoms up little ones)!

Seriously, I know that I'm teetering on the edge right now. Between the gaiety of Christmas (said with obvious sarcasm at this point in the game) and ridding my home of the remainder of the decorations, I'm ready for a couple of hours (or days) of solitary confinement. Maybe I'll be able to post something real before 2012 ends. Maybe.

Good night, all. (cough, cough, cough, cough...)

1 comment:

Tarrah Zomer said...

Thank you so much for that link! Obviously I have a heart for Eastern Europe!