Monday, June 9, 2008

Grant's World

As I began uploading all of our history, I realized that I'd left out a lot about our "little" Grant. Grant is the resident comic, reader, military master, and martial arts guru! I'd have to say that he has his daddy's aptitude for details but his mama's emotions and tender heart - look out! He is definitely wise beyond his years! He's also my dad's "mini me!" From their looks to their mannerisms, they are identical. For Grant's sake, I hope he doesn't turn out to be as hairy as my dad, though! Yuck! Grant's new found talent is video taping his G.I. Joes in realistic battle scenes. He spends hours setting up his guys and then taping them fighting or doing whatever little plastic army men do - other than getting their guns hung in the vacuum cleaner! Many times, you can hear war cries resonating throughout our house as the Joes battles Barbie and her team! Yikes! Grant's Joes don't mind taking on the girls when things get nasty, though! Just between the adults, I'm not so sure how well Barbie would do in a real battle with her special "dimensions." Legos are Grant's other forte! I guess this goes back to his detailed-ness. The kid can assemble a Lego set in under an hour (without an engineering degree)! Eric and I still stand astounded when he rips a box open and reappears from his room with a completed project. Wow!

No comments: