Sunday, June 8, 2008

Fast forward to 2008


OK - I think I've caught everyone up to speed on the past so let's move on.

October 2007 - My sister got married and Grant and Dasha were part of the wedding. I can't tell you how painful it was to keep them clean for an entire hour!!!

For Christmas 2007, Eric was handed a pink slip. Yeah, Merry Christmas - surprise! Thank goodness there's always going to be a need for teachers. I think it takes a minimum of duct tape and a Sharpie marker to get a pink slip for teachers! In March, Eric started working with Ignite, a gas company out of Texas, part-time. In May, he was hired on with another PR company out of Texas. However, after six months of living on one income, we've been very careful about our finances. It took us many long years to climb out of debt after Ansley's death and we're not interested in going back there!

SO, after six months on one income, a summer vacation was NOT in our future. However, one of my student's parents offered the use of their condo in Panama City for a few days. What a blessing!

Here's the top three list of ridiculous things that were said on this three day adventure...

1) From the GPS - "You're not on a road, you're not on a road, you're not on a road!"
From Grant - "We are on the road. What's wrong with that thing?"

(I kept waiting for the GPS to say, "I quit! Why do you bother to turn me on when you don't listen to me?")

2) From me - "Look honey, isn't that sweet! Look at that little old man cuddling with his wife!"
From Eric - "Whatever, the PILL will wear off in 36 hours. He's gotta move fast!"

3) From Dasha - "Where's my vase?"

From all - "Huh?"
From Dasha - "You know, my pink vase!"
After much discussion, Eric figured out that she wanted her pink VEST! We're still learning
Russin-glish!

We had a great time and only had one person go MIA in the Gulf. Poor Shipwrecked (GI Joe) was swept out to sea for a burial. Oops!

No comments: