Saturday, January 17, 2009

Boys will be boys no matter their age

You know, after dealing with thirty ten year olds from 7:00 - 3:00 each day, I have delusions of coming home to peace and quiet. NOT! With Eric working from the house, Grant always has a playmate near (who isn't interested in playing Barbies or Polly Pockets). I'm terrified that their rough housing is going to spur a neighbor to call the police but until that happens, my warnings are heeded the same as thoughts of, "You're going to shoot your eye out!" I used to say, "It's all fun and games until someone starts crying." Well, the crier used to be Grant. These days, there's about a 50/50 chance of Eric ending up as the victim! Man! Moments like this make me glad that this next little Randolph resident is going to be a girl! (Although, if she's anything like Dasha, she'll be just as ready to fight)!

No comments: