Friday, December 26, 2008

Diet Coke and Mentos - Merry Christmas!



This very messy story started back at Thanksgiving. My very loving sister decided to purchase and wrap Advent gifts for each of the kids. Now, I knew I should have been worried when I heard Grant say, "Dasha, try some of this gum!" The twelve days of Christmas in our home brought gifts that exploded, made rude noises, or required a Hazmat team to clean up afterwards. Obviously, the kids completely loved the gifts and it was a great way to get them to roll out of bed each morning without shaking them or dumping cold water over their cute little faces! However, one of the last gifts was a little tube that fit on top of a Coke bottle and functioned as a little chute for a pack of Mentos. For anyone who has never seen MythBusters or read about exploding Mentos - Coke and Mentos don't mix! So, here's how we spent the day after Christmas, blowing Coke bottles up! (Please note that all of this went on while my sister took Dasha to the zoo. Ha ha! She just thought she was getting the easy job)! :) One day, she's going to have kids and I'm going to get my full revenge! Play dough, permanent markers, and toys that make wickedly loud noised (without an off switch) are going to top my list of gifts!


This is my sister and her little dog, Rosie.

After opening presents at Grandma's, Dasha decided to read everyone The Night Before Christmas.

Well, my time is up. Currently, the boys are in the garage clearing everything out so the contractors (definitely don't look like the YMCA boys) can start building Eric's new office. We've decided to go ahead and add a room to the back of the garage instead of trying to force two Randolph family members to co-habitate. This works great for some families but with the age differences between the kids, it's not going to work for us! Argh!

Happy New Year from the Randolph family!

No comments: